Happy Monday!!! I cannot believe we are almost halfway through August! Where has the time gone?
It has been a hectic few weeks and we have not posted anything in awhile and we are so sorry! I am trying to get myself back together and thought what a better way to do that than by tackling my Goodreads TBR!
Down the TBR Hole is a weekly meme hosted by @Lost in a Story that tries to help tackle our out of control TBR shelves on Goodreads. Here is how it works:
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf
- Order on ascending date added
- Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: Keep it or Should it Go
You Can Stay, For Now
- The Night Circus has been on my TBR for quite some time and I keep meaning to read it and just haven’t found the right time yet. However, it will definitely stay on my list since I absolutely adored The Starless Sea. I really love Morgenstern’s writing and look forward to diving into this one.
- Ash Princess is a series I have really been wanting to read, as I have heard a lot of rave reviews on it. It has been on my Amazon wishlist for awhile and I might just have to bite the bullet and get it myself!
- Sorcery of Thorns is a book that I vow to read by the end of the year. I have really been looking forward to reading it, but as is the case for us all, too many books, not enough time.
- Aurora Rising is definitely a book I will be reading. I have read Illuminae by Kaufman and Kristoff and I truly love how they tell a story.
So Long, Farewell
- Slumber: This must have been added during a time where I was just clicking all the books and adding them to my Goodreads shelf. I don’t ever remember reading the synopsis and I will never get around to reading it, so goodbye!
- Unravel Me: I read the first book in this series and absolutely loved it. However, I straight up DNF’d this book because I honestly could not take anymore of it. I have no desire to pick it back up or finish the series at all.
- Then I Met You: I love a good romcom, and from what I gather that is what this book is, but I honestly don’t have it in me to go out and find it.
So after Round 2 of Down the TBR Hole, I have managed to get rid of quite a few books. Since two out of the three books that I decided to delete from my list were actually a part of a series, I think this was a success! 🙂
Have you read any of the books I have listed? Do you think I should skip ones I decided to keep or read some of the ones I said farewell to?
Current Goodreads TBR Tally:
As always, thank you for stopping by our blog! We truly appreciate your support!